Actualidades en Psicología (AP) is an official publication of the University of Costa Rica sponsored by the Psychological Research Institute (IIP, for its initials in Spanish), an entity belonging to the same university. Its objective is to promote scientific production in all fields of psychological science and associated fields, which is achieved via the publication of original and unpublished articles that present results of empirical research, mixed studies, methodological contributions, narrative states of the art, meta-analyses and literature reviews. This freely accessible journal is aimed primarily at students and professionals in the area of psychology and related sciences. The journal publishes in Spanish, English and Portuguese. The journal has been published continuously since 2018; i.e., article are published one at the time until the complete issue is compiled (issue closings are held in June and December).
The journal’s call for papers is likewise open and permanent; thus, authors are welcome to submit their manuscripts throughout the year. The submissions should reflect the guidance provided under “Authors Guidelines.” Submission, revision and processing of manuscripts is free of charge.
The journal is interested in original research contributions to the psychological sciences, which must respect and adhere to the highest ethical and scientific rules. Current Trends in Psychology seeks to encourage scientific investigation, to promote the discussion of relevant ideas for psychological sciences, and to disseminate professional and academic information relevant to the discipline.
The journal currently ranks high in the UCRIndex. Furthermore, it is indexed in:
- PsycINFO, the American Psychological Association database
- SCIELO, Scientific Electronic Library Online-Brazil
- REDALYC, journal network for Latin America, the Caribbean, Portugal and Spain
- PEPSIC, Electronic Psychology Journals – Brazil
- DIALNET, Spanish and Latin American journal database
- DOAJ, Directory of Open Access Journals; Lund University, Sweden
- LATINDEX, Regional online information system for scientific journals in Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain and Portugal
- REDBIB, Ibero-American Innovation and Scientific Knowledge Network
- CLASE, Latin American Citations in Social Sciences and Humanities
- Google Scholar
- ESCI (Emerging Sources Citation Index)